Car Accident Lawyer in Greenville, SC
Each car accident is different and accident victims may walk away with minor injuries, while car repair costs may be very high. Or the person may suffer very severe injuries that require surgery and many weeks spent in the hospital recovering.
Greenville Car Accident Lawyer
At Davis law, our seasoned Greenville car accident lawyer will work tirelessly to maximize the full compensation you deserve after your car accident.
Let our car accident attorney handle the insurance company so that you can focus on what matters most, your health and recovery. Remember that insurance companies are in the business of making money and do this by minimizing the amount they pay out in claims. The insurance company will also not tell you that you may be able to recover under multiple insurance policies. Our skilled car accident attorney will explore different avenues for potential recovery.
A car accident attorney at Davis Law has experience representing individuals who have been catastrophically injured or killed in a car accident. Our car accident lawyers have advocated on behalf of those who have lost loved ones, as a result of careless conduct that has hurt others. Our car accident lawyer will help your family create a path forward after your car crash.
Common Causes Of Auto Accidents
Nobody plans to be hurt in a collision as it can have devastating and long-lasting impacts on individuals and their families. Each collision incident is unique and presents its own set of legal and factual issues. Among many types of auto accidents, the following are some of the most common:
- Drunk Driving – Drunk driving can seriously injure or potentially cause a casualty. When this happens, the driver at fault is personally liable to the victim/s for the damages inflicted. The liability may stretch further to adults serving alcohol to minors as well as businesses for over-serving that later cause harm to others.
- Distracted Driving – Drivers who do not pay their full attention while on the road can be very problematic. Even just a few seconds of distraction while in traffic can have deadly consequences. Among the many reasons why drivers are distracted are using the phone while driving, eating or drinking while driving, relying on a visual GPS system, talking to somebody in the backseat, or playing with the radio.
- Automobile Defects – It is the responsibility of manufacturers to make sure that their products work safely for their consumers to use. If the brakes suddenly malfunction or the engine suddenly stops working at an intersection, it can be extremely dangerous.
- Reckless Driving – Reckless driving is that which endangers the safety of other vehicles, bicyclists, pedestrians, and any property. Reckless driving is more than just being negligent or being sloppy at driving. It is outright gross misconduct, which can allow a claim for punitive damages.
- Driver Negligence – Sometimes the trust that we give our doctors in taking care of our health is misplaced. When you are injured because of carelessness with safety, reach out to our injury lawyer.
- Maintenance Failures – Every car owner has a duty to make sure the car they own is safe for the highway. The owner needs to make sure the tires are not bald, the steering is working and the car is ready to drive.
- Poor Highway Design – When the design is faulty, it may be possible to sue the government. It may be possible to sue the engineers and construction companies for faulty design and construction.
Whether your loss results from being hit by an over-the-road truck, drunk driver, or a distracted driver that is texting, each case requires customized investigation and strategy.
Ultimately, while it is impossible to change the past, we can help you and your family create a new path forward. At Davis law, our car accident lawyer believes that compassionate and personalized representation provides the best opportunity to maximize results for our clients. Our aim: results with dignity.
Call a car accident lawyer at Davis Law today.
Why Do Many Auto Accidents Happen In SC?
There are a lot of factors that contribute to the drastic increase in auto accidents in South Carolina as well as across the whole United States. Our bustling economy suggests that the number of people on the road will only grow higher – making the number of negligent drivers increase along with the number of car crashes. A significant amount of auto accidents in SC are because of drivers violating state motor vehicle laws including:
- Failure to yield;
- Failure to follow traffic signals and stop signs;
- Reckless driving; and many other traffic violations